My Aunt Satu and Cousin Jenny gave my family a great piece of art. It is a picture of a man's head that looks like it is open at the top. It is not open like blood and brains, it is open with light and colors coming out of the top. I think the piece tells you that he is thinking so hard that his head is wide open. The name of this artwork, which is written on the back of the painting is "open", and we think that it is because it is supposed to show that he has an open mind to the world around him.
I love this picture, it is hanging in my dining room. I am really glad that my aunt and cousin gave it to us, my parents like it a lot and it reminds them of my uncle, who loved it a lot too.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds beautiful. You described both the painting, and your thinking about it, so clearly.
ReplyDeleteDo you know that you can take a picture of the painting and post it on your blog?
Ms. Waldman